Home page of this blog

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Fedora 11 LiveCD nouveau driver problem with some nvidia cards

I downloaded Fedora 11 32 bit and 64 bit live CD. Tried both, after some time, the screen became corrupt and I could not read text or see images properly. There were lot of white colored patches all across screen and I tried booting again and again and ended up with same problem. It even hanged when i tried to restart X (init 3 and init 5 from command line)

Correction: The corruption happens with modesetting enabled or not, when doing a graphics intensive browser benchmark. I have raised a bug for the same which can be viewed from the below link (forgot to update it here immediately)

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=505853


Then I checked Fedora 11 release notes, and added "nomodset" to the boot parameter. Now there is no screen corruption and I am running live CD for more than an hour. Posting this from live CD

Here is a screenshot of Fedora 11 (64 bit live CD)

No comments:

Post a Comment